Nicole saved some cash on her desire kitchen renovation by shopping for new builder grade cabinets and portray them herself, instead of paying for pre-painted dim grey kitchen cabinets. This entire kitchen renovation is so inspiring, with some good tips for renovating on a funds, we know you are going to enjoy it!
Portray kitchen cabinets is a huge career, so you are going to want to choose a vintage cabinet coloration. Nicole chose a beautiful dim grey kitchen cabinet paint and paired it with white subway tile, white reliable surface area counter tops, and nickel and stainless metal components and appliances for an awesome entire kitchen renovation prior to and soon after!
Comprehensive Kitchen Renovation with Dim Grey Kitchen Cabinets
Submitted by Nicole from This Minor Momma
When we moved into our household, by far the kitchen was my most loved home in the whole household! I designed that kitchen to how I desired my kitchen to be. It seemed like this prior to we replaced the cabinets with painted dim grey kitchen cabinets:
Similar: 5 Ought to-Read through Guidelines Before Remodeling Your Kitchen
We totally gutted the kitchen, replaced the electrical and then developed it to our demands.
I painted the kitchen cabinets a dim grey (Sherwin-Williams Peppercorn) which is a awesome charcoal grey paint coloration. We just made use of builder grade cabinets. We extra molding to the prime of the cabinets to make the glance of personalized developed cabinets.
Similar: How to Paint Kitchen Cabinets (so you only have to do it as soon as)
I chose white subway tile as the backsplash. All the stainless metal appliances were new but acquired in the scratch and dent section of the appliance store.
Luke definitely desired to place a breakfast bar separating the kitchen and the eating home. In the long run we determined that carrying out that would not be a quite room savvy approach so instead we developed a 30 inch extensive wall to center the entryway of the kitchen & eating home.
Renovating a kitchen? See much more illustrations of well-known kitchen layouts here.
And Eventually!! The images only two images I have of my finished kitchen (hey I experienced a newborn, images were the final matter on my head).
Our dim grey kitchen cabinets, painted from fundamental builder grade cabinets:
Perfectly what do you assume of our dim grey kitchen cabinets? We cherished it! And now we pass up it considering the fact that we have moved.
Similar: Very best Grey Kitchen Cabinet Paint Hues
Resources: Dim Charcoal Grey Kitchen Cabinets + Subway Tile
This write-up includes affiliate one-way links. Discover much more and browse our entire disclosure plan here.
- Kitchen Cabinets: The affordable-o builders grade cabinets from Home Depot– we sanded, primed, and painted them dim grey: Sherwin-Williams Peppercorn.
- Components- Home Depot – equivalent brushed nickel cup pulls here and brushed nickel cabinet knobs here.
- Faucet– Home Depot (equivalent here)
- Gentle over sink- IKEA (equivalent here)
- White Subway Tile Backsplash- Home Depot affordable stuff again (equivalent here)
- Appliances: We bought all of our appliances from scratch and dent. Our dishwasher was from Home Depot and our microwave, stove, and fridge were from the nearby Sears Scratch and Dent store (all jointly underneath $1500!! The fridge was at first $2500ish and experienced one little dent on the again and a quite quite little scratch on the front- I assume we compensated $800 for it)
- The sink arrived free with our obtain of the reliable surface area countertop
- The hanging shelf underneath the cabinets is from IKEA
- Counter tops are Corian with grey specks in them from Home Depot. (I assume this was it Silver Birch — closest presently out there is possibly Antarctica)
- Ceramic Tile flooring– as soon as again the cheapest stuff we could find. Those babies were $1/sq ft. We matched them up to the pricey stuff we definitely favored and they were the similar thickness so it was a no brainer to help save as considerably $ as we could! We like how it turned out!
More grey kitchen cabinets you are going to enjoy:
Update March 2019: Nicole has stopped running a blog and her website is no longer out there, so the one-way links to her previous blog site have been taken out.
Originally revealed twelve.26.eleven // Very last updated 02.twenty five.twenty