Installing timber flooring in the high traffic areas of your home is an excellent option as the wooden floors can successfully withstand high foot traffic due to the durability and strength of the natural materials. Besides, the versatility in design and the final appearance of the Timber Floors In Kellyville can add character to your space with age. As you invest loads of money on the amazing timber floors, you must like the floor to last for as long as possible.
So, it is important to take proper care of the flooring so that it can last for decades, even if the space is a high-traffic one. Without proper care, you would find premature aging and distress in the wooden flooring. And if that happens, you have to replace the Sydney Flooring earlier than expected.
Therefore, following routine maintenance is important to extend the life of the wooden flooring of the high-traffic areas of your property. And here the ways you can do it:
- Start with selecting the right type of cleaner for the wooden floor. Before applying anything on the timber floors in Kellyville, make sure that the product is safe and never causes damage to the floor. But if you are unsure of the cleaner, then test it on a small area of the floor.
- Never use a damp sponge or a soaked mop as these are not good for your wooden floor. Timber flooring can pool up excess water and can cause serious damage to the surface.
- Pay more attention to the high traffic areas of the Sydney flooring. As wooden floors are more exposed to dust, dirt, and other debris, therefore you must clean those more often by using more effective tools and supplies.
- In the high-traffic areas, protect the wooden flooring by using rugs, mats, and other floor protectors. These are highly efficient in preventing scuff marks on the wooden floors. Besides, using mats and rugs in the entryways can be beneficial to protect the floor from the dirt from shoes. And it can also prevent the floor from being overly worn.
- Never slide large furniture items across the floor. Try to use hand trucks or lift the items when required. This will protect your Sydney flooring from scratches. If you have to drag or slide furniture items, then use protectors under the legs of chairs and tables.
- Spills are very common in the high-traffic areas of the flooring. But the spills must be wiped up immediately before it causes any harm. Remember that the longer the stain will set in, the harder it will be for you to remove it.
- For waxed timber floors, it is important to maintain them properly. Although wax works as a protective coating to the surface of the flooring, it will not be intact forever. So, if you are planning to apply wax on the timber flooring, check whether some buffing can do this trick and bring a good shine to the floor. Besides, never over-wax the floor.